Dr. Shailendra Singh
Head, Department of History
Govt. Digvijay PG Autonomous College, Rajnandgaon
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA (Honours) from Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh.
- MA from SOS in History, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur.
- M.Phil from SOS in History, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur.
- PhD from Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh on “The Contribution of the Bairagi Kings of Rajnandgaon and Chuuikhadan Area in the Development of Political and Cultural Awareness among People”.
- “The Political and Cultural History of Chhuikhadan State”.
- “Public Awakening and Integration in the Feudal States of Chhattisgarh”.
Public Awakening and Integration in the Feudal States of the Tribal Areas of India published from Adhyayan Publishers, Delhi
Minor Research Project (through UGC, Bhopal):
- “Spetio-Temporal Analysis of the Historical and Archaeological Sites: A Case Study of Rajnandgaon-Kabirdham District (CG)”
- Ongoing project on “Freedom Movements in Rajnandgaon District”.
Contribution in Post Doctoral Fellowship:
Dr. Sadhna Shrivastava completed her post doctoral thesis on “Chhattisgarh ki Lok Kala Evam Sanskriti” sponsored by India Council of Historical Research, New Delhi under the supervision of Dr. Shailendra Singh.
- Best Paper Award from Govt. Bilasa Girls PG College, Bilaspur on 20-21 February 2009 for paper presented on “Mill Labour Movements in Rajnandgaon”.
- Best Nodal Officer in Rajnandgaon district for organising SWEEP awareness programmes.
National Seminars Organised:
- National Seminar on “Contribution of the Scheduled Tribes of India in the National Movements” organised on 17th-19th November 2005.
- National Seminar on “Public Awakening in the Feudal States and Jamindaris of the TRibal Areas of India”.
Research Contributions: 12 research papers published, more than 40 seminars/workshops attended.
- Editor : in College Research Magazine :Research Front”.
- Member : National Manuscript Mission
- Member : District Archaeological Union, Rajnandgaon
- Member : District level Pratima Sthapna Samiti, Rajnandgaon
- Master Trainer : National Census Mission, CG Govt.
- Master Trainer : General Election (Since last 15 years)
- Joint Secretary : District Badminton Union, Rajnandgaon
- Judge : 52nd National Scholl Badminton Competition
- National Tracking : Youth Hostel, Goa (27th Dec 2009 to 11th Jan 2010)
- Journalism : Interviewed more than 20 International Players from
various Sports and got them published.
- Member : Chhattisgarh Itihas Parishad
- Vice President : Mahakaushal Itihas Parishad
Active participation in College:
- NAAC Co-ordinator
- Hostel In-charge
- Convener of Sports Committee
- Convener of Canteen
- Member of Employment Cell
- Member in Redressal Committee
- Member of RUSA Committee
(Dr. Shailendra Singh)
Assistant Professor & Head
Department of History
Govt. Digvijay College, Rajnandgaon